The other night the furnance quit working, The house got down to 60 and it was cold we got the furnance to run for awhile but it went out again. Sixtey degrees when you are outside seems chilly but inside it was miserable. Even snuggled under the covers the cold went through you.
All I could think was how do those sleeping in the streets manage to survive - I was inside the comfort of my home -no wind to bother us. I could make something hot to drink or borrow a space heater . The cold was inconvienent and miserable but I knew it would be short lived. Eventually the repairman would get it running again.
I truly can not imagine what those poor souls who make wind blocks with cardboard or newspaper survive. They know there is no short term of in a few hours the repairman will be here . No shelter or hot beverage to help avoid the bone chilling temps.
My heart breaks for them who don't know where their shelter is or when the next hot meal will come. It truly makes light of some of my daily concerns.
No comments:
Post a Comment