Sunday, August 11, 2019

Tears

We went to the rodeo the other night - the announcer did a fantastic job on recognizing the Veterans-- and the soldiers that are ready to fight for people they don't even know. Then he continued to give recognition to EMT;s and our police - just about anyone who is in the job to protect and serve.
He asked the Veterans to stand --proudly I watch my husband stand.
 The one thing I saw in all of the people he announced was while they stood and they took pride in their role- the ones I observed came off as I am just doing my job. It gives me chills to see such humble attitudes of I am doing my job because it is what I want to do.

Then the Star Spangled Banner is played -- I can't get through any patriotic song without crying .. I think as a kid I knew what the song was about - but as I have aged I understand it better . The tears now flow openly at events where that song is played and if someone talks about those you are laying down their lives for us- the emotion is so raw inside. The impact of what that really means just is hard to truly understand- people risking their lives to my my life better .

No comments:

Post a Comment