Sunday, January 3, 2021

Humanity

 I know COVID is a touchy topic some think it is no big deal-some think it is fake. I had it and it was very much a big deal it almost ended my life. 

My thoughts though are more on people's responses ... it seems ever post made on social media about a death from COVID.  Many of the comments jump to what was the preexisting factors they made them more susceptible to getting that sick. 

I think it is fair to say many preexisting illnesses can make any illness more severe. What happened to humanity and being kind to each other. 

I have preexisting things ---but are well managed - COVID kicked my butt. 

When I was in ICU my sisters were watching my medical reports and test as they were coming in. My levels were awful and Covid was winning. 


My question if I would have passed --how would some of the unkind things people say in those comment sections comfort my children ,my husband.  My parents were sick with worry comments of well what underlying illnesses did she have - would that have mattered. 

I think no matter what illness or accident - the compassionate thing to say would be something of comfort. It amazes me just because it is said thru a key board some feel they can just say what ever . 

Our world needs more empathy- unity..many of us are given life lessons --we just need to start listening 

No comments:

Post a Comment