Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Flash backs

This was me at work a few weeks prior to getting Covid.. I felt great no clue what was ahead of me

This is me a maybe 2 days out of ICU  still fighting to breath I was on this forced air during the day Bipap at night 

This is I was a day or two before I was discharged ,, still on Bipap at night but breathing much better 

 I didn't have the energy while in ICU to even think about snapping pictures... 

I still have some leftover things from COVID but things are much better - but little things can take me back to my stay. I can't stress enough how great the staff were to me.. I remember feeing bad that no one can come see me... but the staff made sure I felt like I mattered. they spent alot of time with me.

The day before ICU and during ICU I pretty much slept-- they would come check me I would get a quick drink-- chapstick-- a cold wash cloth on my forehead-- repositioned

I remember when we first about COVID at school and we were working on what to do - how to reach the students online. So many unknowns before it hit. Then when we came back in the fall and we knew the virus was closer .People we knew starting to have the virus closer to home... 

After I was discharged I felt so much pressure - wanting to be better -- worried about not working - taking care of my family..

I reached out to school to see if I could juggle some hours from home - I got the ok to do so,then I felt the stress of helping the kids-- my energy level was so off --- my heart raced -feeling better took me awhile...

I wanted my life back but things just weren't falling into place as quickly as I wanted them too .

I get flash backs of what I went thru.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment