I have spent most of my life trying to not rock the boat. I have never been good at outwardly expressing my opinion. I never liked speaking out in large groups and certainly expressing my views.
Don't get me wrong push far enough I would explode and tons of garbage would fly from my mouth. A friend of mine used to joke that when I hit that mode windows shattered. As I have aged I maybe have gotten better. I think as an employee I was forced to enforce rules and if something needed to be said to someone I could then state how I felt. But that was enforcing a rule..
There is so much controversy in today's world- and some many of us have our own opinion. On social media I sometimes forward things and somethings I want to share but am afraid of the backlash. Or being called out on it-- I know how I feel inside and somethings I either don't feel I can debate on effectively or I just don't want to get into it.
I know there are many things in this world that need fixing and I know there is a lot of hurt in this world. There is also a lot of evil out there too- things that pray on our weaknesses. I can't really speak on lot of it.. I know I should be more educated on the world around. Many of those issues I give to God. I know we can all worry ourselves sick- if we let it happen.
I also know I am glad we have men and women who fight and are willing to die to keep evil at bay. I am grateful for those who are willing to sacrifice themselves --their families to fight the evils of this world.
I will be honest I never put a lot of thought when I was younger --I think 911 was my wake up call - it hit me how much my country meant to me.. all of a sudden someone was messing with my safe little bubble I had my head in.
The first 4th of July after 911 - I cried through the display.. I remember cursing those who hated our country--hated me.. every since then- I can't watch anything that deals with things that happened then-- documentary's of things that happened before I was even born -with out tears in my eyes.
Any patriotic song -- goosebumps -- any stories on our Veterans or the Active Duty-tears... Those tears don't just fall for our military but anyone who is putting their life on the line to protect those that need protection. There are stories of people who have let that power go to their heads and bad things have happened . But I want to believe they are the minority of those out there.
My husband would share some of things from his Marine Corps days -- things like when he was in a different country you played by their rules.
My deepest feelings and belief is in our country you play by our rules-- you want to be an American you do it the correct way. I know there is a lot of stuff that is happening around us. The images and stories of those trying to come here illegally . My heart goes out to them as a human how can it not.
As a parent of course my heart aches by images we see and the stories we hear.
I also think about if you are taking a risk doing something illegally you are taking the risk of harm.I am not saying anyone deserves harm-death-or even being separated from a loved on.
What my view is come to us legally-- yes I understand they are fleeing something evil.. I cant' imagine living is some of the things people come from.
My thought is also that I need to protect my family from things-- we need to protect our communities-- our country.. Our flag stands for so much --we need to remember that.
My thoughts go to the Veterans and Active duty military--the law enforcement-- and all the people who sacrifice each day do we have freedoms-- Even the freedom to say things they don't like about our county.
There is so much I want to say and don't have the words for -- there are feelings deep inside --emotions --about so much .
I tend to not let it get on social media --because I tend to not like to step on toes.
No comments:
Post a Comment