Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Flowers and memories

One of my fondest memories is the flowers that grew in my grandparents yard and my parents yard. I always remember when my grandma and grandpa Pedersen would come visit or we visit there a walk around the yard was due to look at the flowers blooming in the gardens. My mom always has had plant growing whether it  was in the yard or in the house.

When I moved out she passed on a few plants and once I had a yard of my own a few flowers were transferred to me. I gave her some my yard also  it has always just been a normal in my life.
Tonight I transplanted 2 plants from my parents yard- one was a rose bush that started in my one sister's yard. I placed that rose bush next to the one I transplanted a few weeks ago that originally came from my Grandparents on the Kuehl side.

My yard holds memories for me and pieces of people who were important to me and that I love now grow in my yard. They are more then plants they hold a meaning to me something that might seem odd to others. The memories of childhood times or memories of grandparents- time spent with my parents . I often wonder if my kids will look at the things I have and what will they see. Will the memories stop with me ? Or will they look at them and think of how much they meant to me and have their memories of me ?

The flowers are so colorful this year and seem to tall --we have had plenty of rain to help them grow. So vibrant and makes one think while we have had more then enough rain--some beautiful comes from it ..
Much like the memories wrapped in my heart - a garden full of beautiful blooms

No comments:

Post a Comment