Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Knight in shining armor

To start this I love to read -at night I log onto my Kindle and read--yep in the dark hard on my eyes I know . Bruce will ask what I am reading -- he knows it is usually a Romance Novel of some form.

My favorites are Military Romance or some Alpha Bada@@ stepping in to save the day.
I teased Bruce last night he is my Alpha BA--- he laughs and says no never my style..
 Maybe he is right in a sense he isn't a man to use his fists and threats--but he is very much my BA.

When I met him I was 19-- had a few big crushes and one boyfriend---so dating world was new new ground yet...

I was asleep one night a a girlfriend begged me to come out for awhile -- so I agreed -- so I throw on my fake leather black pants-- and  some shirt to go with it....
We walked in and met up with friends us hers,, got to visiting -- I noticed him--I was shy -- he was sitting next to a girl-- we got talking and I asked if they were dating -- both assured me no--- Bruce gets up comes back and kicks the guy that sat down beside me out of the chair. He just gave the guy a look that I guess in guy speak was move it she is mine... Bruce never left my side that night -- kept my drink glass full ( was drinking sprite ) -- I was a cheap date

No one ever kicked a guy out of the way to lame claim as you wish on me.. I was awe struck-- he spent the evening telling me about being in the Marines -the places he has been -- and now he was in town driving semi .

In my eyes he seemed so worldly -- and I kept thinking -- he could have anyone why me.....That is a question that I asked myself often thru the years...

It was a quick romance met July 24th and married May 22nd.. it was a simple wedding but the happiest day of my life.
They say girls are attracted to men like their fathers - Bruce and my dad are different in many ways but there is a core value in them both--they are loyal to their family--protect their own always. They are good men--hard working -devoted .
Through the years we have been tested -- when we wanted to start a family we found out I had some problems that they had hoped an exploratory surgery would be able to clean up scar tissue-- or anything else that was causing issues. I still remember the night before surgery he whispered in my ear to please wake up and come back to him after the procedure.

Things didn't go well-- we tried fertility drugs -- nothing worked --

We were devastated-- Bruce's theory was to adapt and over come -- I struggled with that and fell into a depression--He assured me that if it was just the 2 of us forever he was happy. A lot if tough things had been said to me beings I was the cause of us not having kids--never by Bruce he was my Bad A@@ fighting for us-- but others -- there was you should leave him so he can have a chance to have children with someone---- or I would kill myself in your shoes.... tons of ugly things were said..
But my Knight continued to support me and vow he was happy with me--- often I felt I fell short of what he deserved but my guy just took control-- and battled my demon inside----

When time came we decided to adopt-- we knew it would change our lives and beings we were going thru the Special Needs adoption there were things that could or would be different then typical parenting ... yep we adopted 2 wonderful kids who both have had their challenges --due to the cards dealt from either Bio parents choice or due to issues during the pregnancy..
Bruce stood along side-- learned what needed to be learned to better meet the kids needs .

The day though when the world stood still was when he had his heart attack-- we knew he been struggling but his Dr then dismissed his symptoms-- so with the advice of a his cousin--we headed to Sioux Falls to the heart hosp.. when they ran the tests-- his heart was almost completely blocked -- the main artery was at 90%---
I was so scared-- and we were so close to have lost him-- turned out he had a couple of small ones and was leading up to the big one... he had Quadruple by pass---
The Dr acted like the procedure was no big deal everyone was so supportive -- I was in shock--He came through fine-- there was some heart damage but he was ok-- while he was in recovery- they let me come in he was pretty out of it and I stepped back to let him rest-- he grabbed my hand mumbled no don't --he was pale-- and hardly focused but he wanted me..
Now he is on disability-- doing ok-- he has congestive heart failure but he still battles on-- stands up for his family-- loves all fiercely
To me he is my Alpha Male-- Bad a@@-- and yes I still look at him and think you could of had anyone... but he is mine ---I love him just as fiercely back


No comments:

Post a Comment